Thursday 19 August 2010

Spray to Forget

I frequently find that certain smells instantly bring back memories and take me back to a different time in my life. I find it pretty weird because my memory is not very good, I can barely remember most of my childhood but a smell can actually bring back old emotions and just make me feel like i am back there again.

There is a certain smell of cigarettes, i don't know what they are, but when i smell them, i instantly think of my grandma, which is odd because when my grandma was alive, and i was quite young, i never had any idea that she smoked because she always hid it from us.

Anywayyyy, the reason for me typing all this is because i just found something that interested me, a spray that claims to allow you to forget memories. Apparently it works by "nudging the unconscious to release a difficult memory and replace it with a more appealing one". At first i thought it was just a giant joke. Maybe it is? It still interests me though, if smells can make me remember things so vividly, maybe it is possible for them to make me forget things too?

You can read more about the 'spray to forget' here.

1 comment:

  1. Your favourite sister22 August 2010 at 11:19

    Did she?!?! That's funny actually, because sometimes I get a whiff of smoke and instantaneously think "Grandpa Norman!" I think it's more pipe smoke than cigarette smoke there though.

    ReplyDelete