Saturday 7 May 2011

Brownie Vecta


I recently bought a 1960's Brownie Vecta camera from a carboot and found that I was able to get hold of some old 127 format film for it, so decided to give it a go and see if it still worked. I messed up a bit loading the film, so I think it's my fault that the first few photos didn't turn out, but some of them came out better than I had expected!

The camera has no settings what so ever. No focus or shutter speeds to play around with so it was literally a case of pointing and shooting and hoping for the best. It's crazy how much cameras have come on, with the super digital SLR cameras of today, but I don't think you can beat the simplicity and uncertainty of playing around with an uncomplicated film camera. Here are my results:

Spooky picture of a den in the woods.

Picturesque Church

My sister, Bette on Toast

Flowers in the garden

I have absolutely no idea what this is.

I bought my film, and got it developed at Plastic Magpie Camera Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment