Sunday 6 March 2011

Embroidery & Birthdays

Hola! Long time readers will know that 'Do more needlework' was one of my new years resolutions.
This week I have had my embroidery threads out to create a masterpiece.
I'm not sure it can quite be classed as a masterpiece, but this is what I sewed:
On reflection, it would have been better if i'd have stayed away from the yellow thread, but I guess that is what winging it is all about. You live and you learn.


I have also had my birthday this week. I am now 22 and it's basically the same as being 21 but i'm loads wiser and I think a bit more wrinkly.


Here are some of my birthday presents:
Polkadot microwavable storage pots.
(they all fit inside each other like russian dolls too which is super)

One green cockerel egg cup, one pot shaped like a strawberry, 3 ceramic cupcake cases.

 Very cute little silver button earrings.

Brilliant red nose for my car.
(This has already proven to be immense when a little girl loved it to the max when I was at some traffic lights the other day)

Lovely vintagey looking sign of wisdom.

A cup, a cupcake cup. a CUP-cake. Hilarious.


On Tuesday it is pancake day which is one of my favorite days of the year when all I eat is pancakes and nothing else. Super excited!

3 comments:

  1. haha cup cake! love it!

    I love that cross stitch as well, have you seen the subversive cross stitch website? they have the kind of obscene ones I wanna make! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cup!! <3

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have that vintage hanging slogan set, it couldnt be more true.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete