Sunday 26 June 2011

Painting Furniture

A couple of months ago I posted some furniture that I had bought with the dream of doing them up.

Yesterday I painted my chest of drawes, that was £14 from a charity shop.
It took a whole day and included getting told off my the kids next door for being too noisy when I was sanding so that they couldn't hear CBBC, and picking a blue paint that was too blue. I added a tube of black acrylic paint to the blue paint for the top coat, so it was more of a grey-ish blue, rather than a toy-box blue, and this is what I got:




I decided to leave the handles as they were, and sanded the shiny varnish off the legs but kept them wooden.
I'm considering spray painting both the handles and the legs the same colour though, maybe a turquoise/teal. What do you think?

1 comment: